||WE STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND MANUAL UN-INSTALLATION
CardWare can be installed either to the main hardware profile or to the special
(CardWare) hardware profile. If you install to the separate profile
WE WILL NOT ADVISE YOU TO REMOVE IT MANUALLY.
This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you
modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you
understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information
about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, see the Microsoft
If you really need to do it you have to:
- Shut down PCTRAY.EXE and PCCARD.EXE (if open).
- Stop CWSERV service via Control Panel / Services.
- Remove the entire registry tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
- Remove following keys from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
- SSPCIC (or SSTCIC)
- Change startup value of PC Card driver to Boot (0) or enable it for
selected hardware profile.
- Manually delete CardWare profile via ControlPanel\System.
- We also writing couple of updates to the PCMCIA.SYS database.
Please search REG.INI for the word 'Database' for complete listing.
- Delete subdirectory C:\Program Files\CWNT.
- Remove from %SystemRoot%\System32 following files:
- Remove from %SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers following files:
- SSPCIC.SYS (or SSTCIC.SYS)